What are our objectives?
Ensure that energy flows through our man- made systems and that we act in harmony with nature.
Ensure adequate management of waste and work towards a zero waste scenario.
Teach people that ecology is a metaphor for life.
Humans are ravaging the earth with little regard for the importance of ecological balance. We are destroying forests, advancing soil erosion, using chemicals wastefully thereby polluting the air we breathe and poisoning water that runs into the water table.
We are dumping waste with little regard for the consequences.
We replace hybrid and versatile crops with genetically modified foods without a paper trail and with no concern for the consequences to biodiversity and the growth of super weeds and super bugs.
How do we address this?
- We advocate responsible use of waste and conversion of waste to energy.
- Responsible and transparent investigation into fracking.
- Environmentally friendly industries, fuels and transport.
- Protection of biodiversity and natural spaces.
WE hold roundtables and workshops to promote our goals; in parliament, in government; in the private sector.
- We build awareness of the cyclical nature of life.
- Promote the principles of REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE.
- Build the scope of e-waste recycling, which has huge value, is polluting and is poorly developed in SA.
- Offer environmental education to schools, communities, companies and municipalities.
- Build awareness among learners of the environment around them and how to make positive choices that change it for the better.
3. LOCAL SOLUTIONS
- We installed a Recycling Project in Dr Knak School and the Nobuhle hostel in Alex
- Operate a Recycling Project in enclosed zones and complexes in Johannesburg (I’GO GREEN) .
- Oppose widespread introduction of GMO crops and protect biodiversity.
- Encourage municipalities and businesses to convert waste to energy through producing biogas, land fill gas or thermal recycling.
Lectures for organized groups.
Demonstration of products and solutions for community groups, schools and businesses.
5. SUCCESS STORIES